Droples works on iOS 7.0 and later versions in combination with iPhone 4S and later iPhones and iPads with Bluetooth Smart.
Droples works with Android 4.3 and later versions, on phones supporting Bluetooth Smart. Since there are vast number of Android implementations and phone vendors we cannot guarantee support on all Android phone models.
We have successfully tested and are officially supporting Droples on Android phones listed below.
- Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5
- Sony Xperia Z3
We will continuously be adding phones to list of supported devices.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE ON CONNECTION PROBLEMS WITH ANDROID
If you have problems connecting with drops from your Android phone you probably need to update the drop firmware to latest version available. This is caused by changes in Bluetooth Smart support on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and we have modified the Droples firmware to be compatible with these smart phones. This also applies to some phones using Android-versions prior to Lollipop.
Firmware update is now available on iOS and here is how it works:
(1) Sign in with your Droples account on an iOS device
(2) Select the drop you whish to update (start by adding it to your account if not yet registered)
(3) Connect to drop to start an active Bluetooth link with the device
(4) Go to list of drop settings (upper right corner of the proximity view)
(5) Swipe down the list and select the “Firmware”-option
(6) Follow the on screen instructions until your drop is updated successfully (keep the drop still and close to the phone during the firmware update)
After you have updated your drops it is possible to use them with latest Android versions.